Saturday, September 12, 2009

[KDrama] Currently watching Tamra

I gave up on watching SBS's Dream. I thought it would be a nice drama because Kim Bum is there and Son Dambi the pretty lady is the lead actress too.. but yea.. very disappointing. I was all hyped then blah. Son Dambi's acting needs to be polished. Anyway.. I have a new drama to watch.. It already aired (Aug 8) but I told myself that time that I will not watch it because the theme was very.. ancient. But one day, while I was reading articles from my favorite kdrama blogger dramabeans. And her reviews really got me into checking it. And I tell you.. It's so hilarious!.. Japanese are really good in making stories.. I wonder why they don't make it as a drama? hana yori dango, prncess hours(don't know the japanese name), full house (??... not sure), hana kimi.. and the list goes on.

So at first I was thinking..  "why do they force to put different race in korean entertainment industry so much??".. and then it came to my mind that it's what every country wants! new to their eyes.. because maybe they're sick and tired to see their own race?.. So i guess I'll support Pierre Deporte in his acting career because he's so funny and he speaks Korean well( haha! I just can't help it.. white guy speaking Korean..so cool!)

I can't watch three dramas unlike before because september is coming up and I'm gonna busy. I hope... kekeke..

to know more about Tamra the Island click here

**************
Tamna the Island is set in 17th-century Joseon times as a young English castaway, William, comes to the island and meets the characters played by Seo Woo, Im Joo-hwan, and Lee Sun-ho(Snow Queen). The name “Tamna” refers to what is now called Jeju.

William’s mother is now tired of his fantasies and dreams of traveling to the east. He is in danger of getting married and never being able to see the wonders of the world! Through his friend Yan’s help, he sneaks on to a Dutch ship that’s heading for Nagasaki, Japan… But he doesn’t even know how long it will take to get there. Then, the ship hits a storm and William, trapped in his hiding place, is thrown overboard. He wakes up to find a girl with curious eyes standing over him.

William is played by 24-year-old French model Pierre Deporte — who has adopted a Korean name,Hwang Chan-bin — who you may recall was once featured on a special broadcast of the male counterpart to the Misuda (Chatting With Beautiful Women) talk show. He sure looks the part, doesn’t he?

Seo Woo, who received a lot of praise (and some awards) for her role in Crush and Blush, plays a cheerful, outrageous diver. Im Joo-hwan’s character comes from a distinguished noble family and is therefore completely stuck-up. Consider him a 17th-century chaebol.

No comments: