Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Kimi Wa Petto

I decided to watch this Jdrama yesterday when I heard of the news that Jang Geun Suk will take the lead role of Kimi Wa Petto remake.. but not a drama, they will make it as a movie. I don't really like Jdramas because it's kinda shallow but I'm slightly opening to it since You're Beautiful aired. The drama was great, I didn't read the synopsis before watching that's why I'm surprise with the whole story. A 29 year old lady have a 20 year old man as a pet.. no not as a gigolo but as a PET... The Iwaya (the lady) is kinda lunatic to think of that idea but Takeshi was not far from her either. Takeshi doesn't have any place to go and the only way he can stay in Iwaya's place is to be her pet. Iwaya's role is the kind of women who's not true to herself that's why she end up being single, for a 29 year old woman this is not a happy news. I really couldn't tell the whole story here but to make it short She started to be herself when she saw a man as pet and not as a man and as time pass it went back to seeing him as a man. It's not the best drama I've seen but it's not bad either. I wonder how Jang Geun Suk will portray Takeshi's role.. he's different from Jang Geun Suk's past roles.. I mean all of his roles were cold blooded cool guy but Takeshi is very sweet and a no pride guy, I'm sure they will make few changes from the original story, can't wait to see Jang Geun Suk on his next role!.

SYNOPSIS:
Smart, successful and good-looking Iwaya Sumire works for a big newspaper. However, her boss asks her to leave for being too "perfect" a woman. Feeling angry and dejected Iwaya returns home depressed, and most of all lonely. However, when she finds an unconscious young man lying in a box out the front of her home and takes him in. He looks like a dog she used to own called Momo. She dubs him Momo and decides to "keep him as a pet." It's the start of an unexpected life together as they overcome obstacles and become quite attached to one another. But can love like this exist? --TBS

No comments: