Wednesday, April 7, 2010

God looks at the heart of a person He wants to use

I went to a Retirement Home today to have a Bible Study with Ate Arlene.. she asked me to lead the worship.. I said yes because I'm free that time and I feel like I should stop saying no to opportunities that will expand God's kingdom. I wasn't expecting to have a big group since we are just starting out but I asked God the same prayer that I say when I teach in Kids Church that whoever He'll bring to the place I will share His word the way He wants me to.. well I wasn't sharing the word but it's almost the same thing as worshiping because you lead them to enter the gates heaven with praising God. It was my first time doing it in a place where I'm not around Christians but God gave me the boldness even if I wasn't asking for it.. and I'm so thankful Lord!

So when we arrived at the retirement home there's two people waiting for us.. And I'm all smiles and felt because they are "waiting" for the Bible Study to start.. well it's consider as one because Eleanor is part of the evangelism group.. She lives there and she's the one that encouraged us to pushed through this Bible study. As soon as we start the worship people started coming in.. And we have about 3 more people that came, one left early... But it was just an amazing experience.. I wasn't expecting someone to show up that time when I saw one person I was so glad.. Yes I admit it.. and I'm sorry for doubting how much God can do.. Lord you're so amazing! And These people accepted Jesus in their hearts! One lady asked first after accepting Christ "But I'm catholic..?" Then Ate Arlene explained that it's not about the religion, it's about having a relationship with Jesus.. and then she nodded and smiled.. that touches my heart.. ^_^ I don't know why but these people blessed me! Especially Eleanor, she takes the bus to go to church thrice a week and she lives far and she uses a walker too.. You can see that she's hungry for the Lord and seeking and ready to be used in the place where she lives..

And this is a lesson that I should take in.. God uses people not by their strength but by their heart.. And I admire Eleanor for her heart.

1 Samuel 16:7 (New King James Version)
But the LORD said to Samuel, “Do not look at his appearance or at his physical stature, because I have refused him. For the LORD does not see as man sees;[a] for man looks at the outward appearance, but the LORD looks at the heart.”

She's really a blessing and I know that God will use her more to expand His kingdom!..

And another praise report! We thought that one of the staff will stop as from worshiping because of loud guitar because she keeps one peeking, but after our study she told us that she forgot about it, next time she will announce it during breakfast and lunch time to everyone. Amen! Lord it's you! I'm so thankful for opening a door for us to share Your gospel to the people who lives there..

No comments: